Mahoning County Public Health
What is WIC?
WIC is a program that provides eligible people with:
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding education & support
- Supplemental, healthy foods
- Referrals to health care and human service programs
Who is eligible for WIC?
Eligibility is determined by WIC staff on the day of your appointment.
The requirements are:
- Breastfeeding mother who has a baby less than one year old
- An infant or child up to five year old
- Woman who has a baby less than six months old
- Lives in Ohio
- Meets WIC income guidelines
- And area at nutritional or medical risk
Why should you enroll in WIC?
- To receive nutrition counseling for you and your child
- To receive a WIC Nutrition Card-EBT to purchase nutritious foods at no cost
- To save money! The extra money can be used to purchase other healthy food items not provided by the WIC Program